A Severe Thunderstorm Watch is in effect until 10 p.m. This watch includes Dallas and points east.
A storm system will move through North Texas this evening, generating some thunderstorms from near the DFW area into East Texas. Some storms may become severe with large hail, damaging winds and even a few tornadoes. The storms will develop in the I-35 corridor and move east through the evening.
Overnight will be dry, breezy and cool with all of the storms moving out of East Texas.
Tuesday will be dry and cooler with a mix of clouds and sun. Highs will be in the 60s. Wednesday will feature full sunshine with highs in the upper 70s.
Thursday will be the warmest day of the week with highs in the lower 80s. There will be a chance of showers and storms later in the day.
- TONIGHT: Evening thunderstorms, then clearing and breezy overnight. Low: 46. Wind: NW 10-20 mph.
- TUESDAY: Breezy and cooler with a mix of clouds and sun. High: 69. Wind: NW 10-20 mph.
- WEDNESDAY: Mostly sunny and warmer. Low: 45. High: 79. Wind: S 10-15 mph.
- THURSDAY: Partly cloudy, warm and windy. A 30% chance of late-day thunderstorms. Low: 55. High: 82. Wind: S 15-25 mph.
- FRIDAY: Partly cloudy and cooler. Low: 48. High: 68. Wind: NW 10-15 mph.
- SATURDAY: Partly cloudy and mild. Low: 43. High: 72. Wind: NW 5-10 mph.
- SUNDAY: Sunny, breezy and warmer. Low: 46. High: 77. Wind: S 10-20 mph.
- MONDAY: Partly cloudy, warm, and windy with a 30% chance for scattered storms. Low: 56. High: 74. Wind: S 15-25 mph.
- TUESDAY: Partly cloudy, breezy and a little cooler, with a 30% chance of lingering showers. Low: 53. High: 70. Wind: W 10-20 mph.
- WEDNESDAY: Mostly sunny. Low: 47. High: 71. Wind: WNW 10-15 mph.
- THURSDAY: Mostly sunny. Low: 47. high: 76. Wind: SW 10-15 mph.