UNION COUNTY — At least 14 people were hospitalized Sunday after reports of multiple people unconscious in the pool area at a Hampton Inn in Marysville.
Marysville Fire Department received a call before 5:30 p.m. about a 2-year-old unconscious at a Hampton Inn on Square Drive, according to our news partners at WBNS.
The fire department began to receive calls about even more people being unconscious.
Nine people were originally taken to the hospital, with seven of them being in critical condition, Marysville Police Chief Tony Brooks told WBNS.
There were five more walk-ins to Memorial Health since the incident.
Victims’ symptoms included dizziness and a “burning feeling” in the back of their throats.
The Marysville Fire Department found life-threatening levels of carbon monoxide coming from the pool area, according to Brooks.
The hotel has been evacuated while the fire department investigates.
©2022 Cox Media Group